Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Demise of Osama bin Laden

I am so disturbed by people like Osama bin Laden who abuse their influence and power by brainwashing and manipulating, weak-minded individuals into doing their dirty work. Osama bin Laden strikes me as one of those kinds of people. Or, some of us simply call his kind, a coward.
I can never remember a time in my four plus decades of living, when I have been tempted to throw a party and celebrate when someone has been hurt or killed. However, I must be honest, I did allow myself a brief moment of jubilation at the announcement of his demise.
I would definitely say this is “a feather in President Obama’s cap!”  I feel this way because in 2010 when he won the presidential election and before he had even taken office, many people seemed to believe that since he was now the President, he was responsible for the position of our economy even though George Bush had been President for the previous eight years and was instrumental in creating this mess. With that being said, I feel that President Obama should get full credit for the capture and demise of this terrorist for the exact same reason.  If we make Obama responsible for the unfortunate state of our economy on his first day in office, we should obviously give him credit for this accomplishment almost 18 months into his Presidency.
We have always had extremists in our country and all over the world, so, there is no reason to believe, just because one terrorist is dead that terrorism as a whole is dead.


1 comment:

  1. I agree, and disagree. I agree that people is happy because Osama Bin Laden is dead, and the yfeel like they can live i peace. They're also happy because what he did was wrong, and he took a lot of people out this world. Some people might have felt like it was time for Osama Bin Laden to die, but I feel that it wasn't nobody position to kill him. Two wrongs don't make a right.

    The reason I disagree with Obama capturing him is because his life and family life is in danger.I feel that Obama have to look out for himself and others because of what happened with the death of Bin Laden. Thats my opinion on the situation of Osama Bin Laden.

    ReplyDelete